Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

How to Enable Your Registry Editor (Regedit)-part 2

In my older post, I already post about how to enable regedit and it’s really works in some conditions. But, I recently faced a same problem with my office's computer. When one of the programs runs unstable, I try to use task manager to end the process of that program but when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL the task manager didn’t appear. What the hell is going on? The first things I do were to make sure that my computer free from any virus. I started to scan my whole computer with anti-virus. The result was my computer free from virus. There are no viruses but why my computer has that problem. Maybe that was the effect from the virus that infected my computer several days ago. Sometimes anti-virus can detected and deleted the virus but can’t recover that setting in our computer that already broke by virus. After that I used my first technique to enable registry like my older post, but when I try to run the file it’s said that the registry editor was enabled by administrator. I begin to try another ways, I go to run command and type this: reg delete HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools After that there will appear this question: Delete the registry value DisabledRegistryTools (Y/N)? Choose Y and you can already access your registry editor. You can use this second way to enable your registry editor if the first method didn’t work properly. By enabling the registry editor you can repair your entire computer setting like to make the task manager and the folder options menu become enable again. These two functions are usually disabled if virus infected our computer.

0 comments: